Thanks to websites like Pinterest and Facebook it's easy to see what is motivating your friends, family, acquaintances and random people you follow like a stalker. Problem for me: I look at this stuff and I'm motivated to do something RIGHT NOW, but I can't do anything about it because I'm in the middle of something else. Now I realize this is mostly an excuse, 'right in the middle of something' is code for goofing off on my computer. Occasionally I'm goofing off at work and I have an actual excuse as it would be irresponsible of me to get up and try to work out while I'm at work (yes, I know I shouldn't be reading fitness blogs at work either...) and it would be silly of me to try to work out in four inch heels. So what is a girl to do when she can't get motivated to get motivated? After much Googling and reading many fitness blogs, the biggest thing I learned is that I spend to much time wasting time and I need to get my priorities in line.
Reasons to get off my ever expanding butt:
10. Because my butt really needs to stop expanding.
9. Because the scale is groaning louder every day.
8. The stuff I'm watching on television is lame anyway.
7. The bloggers I follow are blogging between workouts, not instead of working out.
6. I have all the equipment I need to get in great workouts, i.e. lots of body weights...
5. I know more about fitness and nutrition than any chunky girl should know.
4. My clothes are getting tight.
3. I have a husband who loves me no matter what, doesn't he deserve the best me possible?
2. I'm setting an example for my daughter no matter what I'm doing, I should be doing productive and healthy things.
And the #1 reason to get off my ever expanding butt: Because I know how much better I feel about EVERYTHING when I'm treating my body well.
Right now you are asking what more does this lazy girl need?!? That is my question, too. This is the journey of how I'm going to Lose 30 before I Turn 30. I have set a realistic goal because that is what all the stuff I've been wasting time reading on the internet says to do. I have at least thirty pounds to lose and I want to lose it before I turn thirty in nine months. For those of you doing the math in your head, that is just over three pounds per month. Yes, I said month. I realize that is an extremely doable goal, but like I've said, I'm lazy.
What's the plan, you ask? I'm starting simple. Slow and steady as they say. I would LOVE to be a runner and running is cheap so I'm going to get out there for a jog/walk. I don't really know how many days a week or how far, I'm going to get out there and see how it goes. Maybe a 5K by spring. I'll keep you updated...