Sunday, October 28, 2012

Green Smoothie

I realize just about everyone has a version of a green smoothie.  I LOVE smoothies.  They are a great way to cram in a bunch of fruits and veggies you may not have eaten otherwise.  I don't usually have an exact recipe for my smoothies, just whatever fresh/frozen fruit I have on hand, maybe some greens if I have them, and a base of either water or Silk.  This time I paid attention to my ingredients because I wanted to be able to duplicate this one:

 
Please excuse my food photog, I'm still kinda new at this
 
 
1 cup fresh, local apple cider
1 gala apple, sliced and cored
1/2 fresh banana
handful of fresh spinach
about 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp chia seeds
 
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. 
 
Tada!  Super healthy, super yummy breakfast on the go, because that is all I have time for in the morning.  When it comes to sleep or breakfast, sleep wins every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: