Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


Mare Barrows is a poor Red girl from the Stilts.  Her life is turned upside down when she is busted trying to pick pocket a generous stranger.  Due to a curious event that should have left her dead, she is thrown into the dangerous world of the Silvers and is being trained to be their princess.

I have toyed with this book for a while now.  I even downloaded the audio once on the library's website and never got into it. Now I have finally finished it and had the second book downloaded before I'd even finished the first.  There were twists and turns in this book that I didn't really see coming.  It kept me interested all the way to the very end and left me wanting more, but that is the point as it is the first in a trilogy.  The narrator, Amanda Dolan, may be one of my new favorites, she did such a wonderful job.

Have you read this book?  Did you finish the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: