Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Recap

Okay, it's been way to long since I posted anything.  I should probably recap because you are all on pins and needles wondering.  Here goes:

As you know hubs and I were in Branson a couple weekends ago.  While there I forced myself to get up and go for a jog.  One of the reasons I wanted to start running is so I could run in cool places, so why not start with Branson!  The thing is, Branson is in the Ozarks, ya know, like mountains...  Nothing flat and everything feels like it's uphill, even the downhills stuff.
 
 
After meeting some of the fam for lunch on Saturday, hubs and I decided to walk the strip to see some sights (by sights, I mean tattoo shops for hubs).  It was nice to take a leisurely walk with hubs, a great way to spend some time together, burn a few calories, and conserve a few natural resources.
 
 
 
This week I decided to post an 'ad' on Facebook to see if I could find a few local friends to hit the track with me.  We are more likely to succeed if we are in a group, right.  Got a couple to agree to start with me next week.  Wish us luck and pray that we can keep it up even with it gets really cold out.
 
Tonight is Thanksgiving Eve.  I know that isn't a real holiday, but it's fun to say.  I volunteered to make a yummy, healthy cranberry relish.  I didn't get a picture of it, but I'll try to get one before it's all gone.  I also made a Pumpkin Pi:
 
 
Ahha!  Pi!  I know, I'm a nerd...
 
And this beauty:
 
Dark Chocolate cheesecake with Cherries

Crust
8 Low-fat cinnamon graham crackers
1/4 stick butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp strong coffee or a shot of espresso

Filling
1 10oz bag dark chocolate chips
2 (8-ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons splenda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chocolate covered cherry wine
1 5oz bag dried cherries

Preheat oven to 325.

Melt butter in microwave, about 90 seconds. In a food processor add graham crackers. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add melted butter, cocoa powder, butter and coffee. Pulse until combined. Press into bottom of pie pan or spring form pan.

Melt 1/2 chocolate over a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
Whip cream cheese. Add splenda and cocoa powder until combined. Add melted chocolate. Mix until combined.
Add eggs one at a time until mixed completely. Finally add wine until and mix.
In a food processor, add the remaining chips and cherries. Pulse until coarsely chopped.

Add filling to crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until center sets.
 
 
That about sums it up, sadly.  Until next time.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: