Friday, August 26, 2016

Meet Me at the Emotional Baggage Claim



I just finished this hysterical book by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella.  In this group of essays, the mother and daughter tell stories from their own lives and give such a great prospective to the mother-daughter relationship.  Coming from a strong matriarchal family myself, I can totally relate to so many stories.  I liked this book so much and it was so easy to listen to that I finished it in 3 days!

I laughed through nearly this whole book and have already downloaded another audio by the duo.  I love the honesty in these stories, honesty about love, life, getting older and family.  So many of the stories struck such a cord with me because of my close relationship to my own mother, daughter, grandmother and sisters.  From the proper way to pack dishes to how to deal with the oldest generation, this book was packed with insight and laugh-out-loud humor.  I suggest you get your hands on this one and just relax and enjoy.  I look forward to reading others by these authors very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: