Monday, August 3, 2015

People I want to Punch in the Throat by Jen Mann


Audiobooks and bloggers are a couple of my favorite things right now so this book was perfect!  This book is a hysterical view of suburban middle class that we are all thinking but don't often say.  There are stories of over the top birthday parties, mommy wars, exclusive book clubs and more exclusive play groups all told by snarky mom, Jen Mann.  Jen is a blogger and work-at-home mom who isn't one of the Dolce mom's with their perfect outfits and prodigy children.  Her house gets messy, she wears yoga pants, her kids act like kids and she cusses a lot; right up my ally!  This book might not be for the faint of heart as there are several f-bombs and the like, but the writer is super funny and I think it's worth a read (or listen, like I did).  Be prepared to laugh out loud!


Does language in books keep you from finishing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: