Friday, August 15, 2014

Cold Brew Coffee

I really like glass jars and bottles. Like, REALLY like them.  When I have food or condiments or beverages that come in glass, I have a hard time throwing them out so I try to find other purposes for them.  My real weaknesses are mason jars and pretty bottles.  See example below:


Recently I discovered a way to use my beloved jars to make cold brew coffee.Screw the coffee filter on the top of a quart sized jar with the lid ring.  Pour your water through the filter.



Carefully unscrew the ring and add the lid, if you want.  This step probably isn't necessary, but I'm afraid a fly will land in my grounds, get stuck and die and that would be gross. (I may be a little paranoid on this on...)


Let this steep overnight in the fridge!


Cold brew coffee in the morning!  No fishing a tied up bag of grounds out from the bottom.  My quart sized jar makes enough coffee to last me 2 days.  I pour half into another jar with ice in it and add whatever flavors I want at the time.  Creamer, vanilla vodka, chocolate silk, Kahlua, whatever strikes my fancy that morning.  I have a lid I've punched a whole big enough for a straw that works perfectly for my cold brew to go.  While I LOVE the local coffee place and the wonderful folks who run the show, I can't afford to visit them every morning.  This is a wonderful alternative! 

How do you make coffee at home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: