Sunday, December 9, 2012

So.Busy.

It has been a while since I've posted anything.  It has been crazy busy.  What have I been up to, you ask, well here goes.

Recently I have realized that I have been out in this world for some time now and have never actually set up a home.  My houses have always looked more like bachelor pads; handed down furniture, nothing hanging on the walls, only attempted to paint rooms a few times and those were not successful.  We have lived in this house for over six years.  I have painted all the rooms the colors I want them, but not much more than that.  I'm not the greatest housekeeper, either.  So to remedy all this, I've hung mostly empty picture frames on the wall in an artful way.  I ordered some prints of our recent family photos from Walgreens, but have so far failed to pick them up.  I'll get those tomorrow and hang them this week.  I hung some lovely wine label decor pieces on the wall in the dining.  I've done nothing but clean (or so it feels) for the last couple weeks.  It all feels pretty good though.  I like that my house is finally feeling like a home for my family.  About the time I get every room completed, we will probably have found the next home we want to buy and I'll have to start over, but I will have collected a few things I can use in the next place.

What are your favorite things in your house?


I have barely been to the track in the last couple weeks, but I do have big plans in the new year.  More on that a little later.  I have managed to eat a little better and not add a bazillion pounds in my down time.  I'm actually on track with my weight loss.  I have been hovering around 185 lately, but today I was at 181.  I feel pretty good that next weeks weigh in will be even better even if I don't get to the track like I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: