Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Update: Project 333

Update on Project 333:  Fail.  Thirty-three items for three months is really hard, but these are some things I learned:  Practical can be fashionable.  A few high-quality, well-fitting clothes is better than a closet full of clothes I don't wear.  Five inch heels are to high.

Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."  - Matthew 19:21

We should all spend more time following Jesus than chasing after 'stuff'.  As I've unpacked more items from the boxes I've also moved more stuff to the donation box.  I definitely want to live with less stuff.  Less clutter in my closet will probably lead to less clutter in my life.  My khaki pants were in terrible shape and never really fit well.  I've replaced them, all is well with Thursday again.  My super fabulous, nude, peep-toe pumps are to high.  I will replace them with lower heels soon.  I'm not in a huge rush because it's warm enough to wear sandals for now.  When fall really sets in I'll have to replace a couple pair of pumps and a pair of boots.  When I do, I'll donate more of the shoes in the boxes.  I have so much stuff that has barely been worn, someone should use it so I'll donate it.  Sometimes less really is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: