Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Sharing is Caring: ThredUp

Spring time means spring cleaning.  The sun is finally out and the air feels clearer. Grass is getting greener, flowers are blooming, everything is being made new.  This inspires us to clean out all the clutter in our homes to make our homes feel new.  This and the fact that we have to put away our winter clothes and drag our warm weather stuff back out.  A great way to clean out you closet and make room for fresh new pieces for the season is to sent you old clothes and shoes and accessories to ThredUp, an online resale shop.

ThredUp will take your gently used clothing, shoes and accessories and pay you cash money or store credit.  Order a clean out bag and fill it up and ship it back.  It's that easy!  Warning:  they aren't going to pay you top dollar, like I said, it's an online resale shop.  We don't have any resale shops in town that I'm aware of so I'd have to take my stuff to a shop in a nearby town.  It's much easier to fill the bag and stick it out by the mailbox.  With three growing girls and my own wardrobe, it's nice to get paid for our old stuff and not have to drag it all over the county to get rid of it.  I know some of you sell your stuff on the Facebook sale sites and that is also a fantastic way to get rid of unwanted items, but it does not work for me.  At. All. Seriously, I don't know what the trick is with selling stuff on Facebook, but nobody ever wants to buy anything I list.  I may successfully sell 5% or less of what I list.  I've decided it's just not worth the hassle for me.

ThredUp also has a great referral program.  If you use the links in this post, you get $10 to spend and I'll get $10 for referring you!  Win/Win!  Be sure to claim your $10 to use toward the purchase of quality, gently used, greatly discounted pieces to freshen up your wardrobe this season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think: